Notice: All returning users need to reset their passwords. To do so, click here.

Go Back   WorldwideJAM Forums > The Parkour Zone > Parkour Femme

Old 06-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Street Team

Do/did you find it hard to get into Parkour properly? Do you find that it is male dominated and that it's hard to get more girls to practice?

What issues did you have with your parents (if there was one).

What do you think will encourage more girls to practice Parkour?

Ta, just need feedback for future ideas.

Bradelina.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:58 PM

h43r: I did not find it hard to get into parkour, I do pretty much what takes my fancy. But finding other females has been very difficult and it's just nice sometimes to get a girl's point of view on certain things.
I had no issues with my parents, I turn 30 tomorrow so they wouldn't dare do anything more than shake their heads sadly.
If other girls see more females out there training, they'll probably feel more comfortable joining in. h43r:

:WJ
Old 24-01-2008, 03:28 AM
Monkey

Default Re: Your Parkour.

Well I think it's going to be pretty hard for me as I am older than 30 and will be doing whatever I can by myself without any one to help me plus the negative factors, bad ankle, bad knees, scared of hurting myself, scared of heights and will now have to pack up smoking, God this is going to be hell !
Old 05-02-2008, 10:29 AM

Take it slowly to begin with. If you are not enjoying yourself in any part of your training, it is unlikely you will stay with parkour. If you need help, ask questions!

My Training

"Be happy without reason..."
Old 07-02-2008, 04:11 PM

I was quite tentative with training outside because I have knee problems on occassion (but they're getting better lately...wahoo) and I'm kinda clumsy so that was always in the back of my mind lol.

But it helps if you really have something worth while to train for. I do, and that's REALLY kicked my backside into gear and into re-training

I have only met one other girl who does parkour. But she lives in Norwich so i don't meet her a lot. I know there are a lot of female traceurs out there and it always helps to get me raring to go when i watch some of their vids on my mp3. People like Flame and Sandra Hess I think to myself..."Right then. If they can do it, so can I!" ^_^