Notice: All returning users need to reset their passwords. To do so, click here.

Go Back   WorldwideJAM Forums > The Parkour Zone > Parkour Femme

Old 31-07-2006, 03:39 PM

How long do you train for every day and what does your training entail?
Old 01-08-2006, 01:26 AM

I TRY to train every couple of days but this depends on a lot of things like work and other commitments etc. my weekly 'routine' (use that very loosely) is probably as follows:

-as I am coming back from injury I have physio 2 times a week for 30mins... plus I walk there (briskly) and back which takes it up to just over an hour. The physio includes weight training for my leg as well as bike work and general stretching and strengthening exercises... these depend on where I am hurting at the time.

-Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings before work (about 6am) I try to go for a run for 15-30mins, including stretching, jogging, a bit of precision and balance work and when I get back I do some exercises for overall strength (eg; pushups, squats, lunges, prone brace etc)

-Saturday and Sunday I usually take some time off to rest my legs if I have pain but I try to do a few reps of some of the exercises I normally do

All the reps and length of training is usually dependent on how sore I am... some weeks I can go running every day and not feel it but other weeks I can’t even jog 10 meters. I am guided by my pain levels so I envisage that these amounts will increase as I recover.

During normal activities like walking to the supermarket or work I try to practise skills like balance on gutters and low level raised garden beds. I find this has been a really simple way to increase my confidence on a daily basis.

Once I have recovered I will begin to train involving more parkour specific skills but at the moment I am just concerned with getting myself into the strongest from possible so that I don't injure myself again/further.

Ok... that is more than my 2c worth… it would be interesting to hear what others do.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:34 PM

I'll try to do every day something. My plan i want to keep is:
- every second day jogging, i never had (what do you say... ) fitnes ?! so i started with a training program out of the magazine 'fit for fun' now after 5 weeks I'm able to jog 3x10 mins.
- every second day (not the days i'm jogging) I'm doing body-weight exercises, like pull-ups and push-ups...err pull-ups okay... better i say, i try them, cause, i can't do even one... but i'm getting closer to my aim
- the days i like to... and the weather is ok i go out training parkour. mostly will be 3 times a week. But the main focus is on fitness and strenght, because this forms a basis of parkour i think

So when i'm getting better in one of these, the other two will profit by it.
Old 14-08-2006, 05:11 PM

I train almost everyday about 3 hours with the traceurs in my area but when the summer vacation is over I will probably have less time for training
Old 19-08-2006, 09:48 PM

i train about 4 hours every day with some off the people i my crew
what i train is usually different from every day, since i also train freerunn.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:52 PM

i train about 2 hours a day like i might go condition 4an hour then go out and do some parkour i go sk8in everday 2 so i sort of add that 2 my training list
Old 04-10-2007, 08:19 PM
emzybabeyx

I train for about 3/4 hours with my friends 4 or 5 days a week unless i'm busy but i always try and make time
Old 05-10-2007, 01:05 PM

I train when I feel like training, I listen to my body. Sometimes it will be every day several hours for four or five days running. Then sometimes i will only train parkour specifically three times a week. Im improving my fitness at the moment so I am doing 5km, stretching and bodyweight exercises every day. But I usually condition hard twice a week, and train movement most days. (balance, rail precisions, climbups, muscle ups, mental training, linking movements, etc)
Old 20-10-2007, 10:15 PM

Default Re: How long do you train for every day?

As much as I feel I can.

This post off Blane's blog is good to read, regarding when we are, and aren't training.

Each week, I personally only train movements and meantal shiz in the city once/twice. During the weekdays, I do 3 - 4 hours of martial arts, some runing or endurance work 3 or four times, and conditioning of some sort most days. This can be anything from a tough bodyweight session, to just practicing a few handstands or climbups or whatever. Some weeks I also do a gymnastics session.

Quite a bit I guess, but sometimes it's important to just take a few days out and rest. As Liv said, listen to your body.

My Training

"Be happy without reason..."
Old 15-07-2008, 07:57 PM

Default Re: How long do you train for every day?

I train at least 2 hours a day... either going through my kung fu/wushu sets, conditioning, stretching, and just generally improving my fitness.

Now it's summer and I'm out of college for 2 months, I'm training parkour with some more of the guys in different locations. I'm also working more, but we have scaffolding outside so I have fun with that.

I have at least one gymnastic session each week, between 2 and 4.5 hours each. Depending if it's Basingstoke or my local gym.

I try to train everyday, with maybe one day of rest.

Gracey xx