Notice: All returning users need to reset their passwords. To do so, click here.

Go Back   WorldwideJAM Forums > The Parkour Zone > Health & Fitness

Old 18-01-2007, 04:43 PM

I decided to write up an overview of the Leicester Hell Night session for those who are interested in expanding their training.

Hell Night

The Warm Up
We begin with a 5 minute run around the nearby playing fields which is normally 2/3 laps of the field, followed by 1 lap walking around the field stretching our arms off. Afterwards we climb up to the cross bar of the rugby goals and work our way across to the other side in any way and climb down again. Once everyone has finished, we move on to the War Memorial which is next to the field and stretch off the rest of our body.

The Stealth Run
After we've stretched off we walk from the war memorial to the front of the university to begin the stealth run. The main objective of the stealth run is to not get spotted by security/people and make it back to the war memorial covertly, itˇ¦s also good fun!

Hell

Once weˇ¦ve all arrived back at the war memorial, we complete 15 full pull ups on a tree (shown above) and once everyone is finished, we go on to do 25 push ups.

We then move on to a nearby wall with over-hang grip (shown in the picture above) and complete 10 climb ups followed by a 1 minute hang.

Afterwards we move to some bike lock rails and do 10 dips and then 10 crunches.

Now we move on to the blue rails at the war memorial and get in a 'bridge' position, with both hands on one rail and both feet on the other and 'walk' our way to the other side negotiating a tough corner, once completed we repeat it again but swap round (so our hands are where our feet where and vice versa).

This is then followed by a climb up a nearby lamppost, touch the light and come back down. We then go on to a hanging position on a sharp wall next to the lamppost and shimmy to the middle, pull and do a flat-wall climb up, climb down and shimmy to the end of the wall.

Now itˇ¦s time for some crawling, a steep set of stairs which we crawl up and down backwards twice and then crawl approximately 50m to the war memorial.

Next is probably one of the funniest parts of hell night ˇV basically there is a stretch of around 100m (shown above), we get into pairs, hop onto our partnerˇ¦s back and they run with you to the other side and back, you then swap over and repeat. Once completed, we get into a 'bridge' position on the 2 parallel black rails and work our way down. Now, more crawling; we crawl from the wide part of the black rails down to the thin part and down a few steps.

Once weˇ¦ve done that, we move on to nearby window ledges and work our way from end to the other and make a small climb down a drainpipe.

Muscle up time, complete 3 muscle ups on the silver bar followed by a climb down the silver staircase. Once everyone has finished, we hang from the staircase and hold an L-sit/V-sit for 20 seconds. Now time for more push ups which are done under the staircase, but this time 20 second push ups; taking 10 seconds to go down and 10 seconds to come we perfume 2 or 3, stretch off (whilst still in the push up position) and go down for another 20 second push ups, but this time with a 5 second or so hold whilst weˇ¦re in the middle and at the bottom. Time for some more shimmying, we climb up to a roof into the hanging position and shimmy across and come back down again.

Now itˇ¦s time for more climb ups, this is my favourite part of the night. On the wall shown above ^ we climb up on the left side so we're in the waist position and sort of shimmy across to the middle, climb down, climb up again, shimmy in waist position to the right side, climb down, climb up and climb down again and this is done 5 times.

This is followed by more shimmying across the wall above (which is now fitted with some weird spike things at the top) and climb down again.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1...320/stairs.jpg
Time for some more crawling! We climb up the staircase shown above, crawl under a gate and then crawl for about 150m until we reach the end of a path. (Shown below)

We then walk to some nearby rails, perfume 5 dips, shimmy across a very thing drainpipe (only me and Blane have done this so far - it's very sharp), drop down on the next set of rails and complete 5 more dips. The staircase shown above ^^^ is also round the back of this building, we climb down from the roof onto the staircase and crawl down head first to the bottom.

Time for the last part of the night, Devil's Hill crawl; basically, there is a pretty steep and slippy slope that we crawl up backwards, normally it's ok but when itˇ¦s wet, expect to slip.
---------------------
So that's 1 lap of Hell Night. Once we've completed the lap, we go to Blaneˇ¦s car and get much needed water from our bags and if it isn't too late, we go for another lap (excluding the warm up and stealth run).

We were planning on filming a version of the a Hell Night during the Christmas holidays, but we never got round to it. But in the summer we might do it, bare in mind it will be much harder by then. We've been doing Hell Night for 17 weeks now, it is highly beneficial. We didn't start at this intensity, we started small and built up and we continue to build up.

I would definitely suggest starting your own Hell Night in your area! Any questions you can ask them here or PM me.
Old 18-01-2007, 05:30 PM

Sounds good fun! Expect a Ben in the summer XD
Old 18-01-2007, 09:23 PM

haha i'm gonna be so screwed when i start living in leicester in September [hopefully] You're all gonna be BEASTS and i'll be way behind :lol:
Old 19-01-2007, 07:18 PM

:P You'll catch up!
Old 19-01-2007, 07:34 PM

na he wont :P

He'll just cry in the corner

these sound like rate fun

Simerler to our night missions cept ours our spread over like 6 hours , and we dont do ours on purpose , its to avoid being detected XD
Old 19-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Street Team

Damn you for living so far away.

I want to play!

http://www.bradwendes.com
Brad Wendes
Parkour & Free Running Instructor
Old 19-01-2007, 08:20 PM

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Brad @ Jan 19 2007, 08:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Damn you for living so far away.

I want to play! [/quote]
I live close to you and you dont play with me often enough let alone leister guys!
Old 23-01-2007, 09:17 PM

Here's the Peterborough version. Cheers for the idea guys.

So, we decided to run our own Hell Night after seeing and hearing of the benefits from traceurs in Leicester and Notts. We've been doing this for 4 weeks this thursday and already we can see the improvements in ourselves. So here is the schedule and might get some pictures to explain some things.

Peterborough Hell Night

We meet at the Green Box usually at 5:30 where we loosen up and do some gentle stretches.
Then we run an entire lap of the Business Park which is probably 800m or so. After this we stretch fully, this takes around 10minutes, after we are all ready, we crawl a short distance to the first area.

------------

The first area we go to is a tree, at the tree we hang on a lower branch, pull ourselves up and transfer onto a higher branch, we do this 10 times with 5 press ups in between each repetition.

After this we grab hold of a branch and hug the tree with our legs, we work our way round the tree 3 times without touching the floor.

Then we crawl to next area

-----------------

The first part of this area is also a tree, on this tree we do one muscle up, come down and do 5 press ups (or 10 press ups if the muscle up is a failure) we repeat this 5 times.

After this we go on to the spiral staircase, here we hold onto the outside of the steps and climb up the staircase and then back down.

Whilst we are waiting for the other person to finish we wait in push up position. Still on the same area we move onto the Big Box. Here we hang on the box for 30 seconds (counting out loud for motivational purposes) then shimmy across to the middle where we hang again for 30 seconds. This is very painful on the arms and shoulders after the first few exercises.

To move onto the next area we precision our way there, over car park spaces.

Once we reach the death box, we get into a cat leap position and repeat 5 slow get-ups, and then 5 fast get-ups.Then depending on the weather (wind and rain) we will stand on the walls of the box and move round it, on each straight part of the box we do one pistol on each leg.

From here we then run to the next area which starts with another tree. On this tree we grab a branch and hug the tree with our legs and move around it, we then move up a branch and have to lache onto a lower branch. This proves difficult because the take off branch sways quite uncontrollably. If this move if failed, the person has 2 do 10 press ups and work their way round the tree twice. Each person then works their way round the tree twice, and then twice more.

Still on the same area we move to a traffic island. Here we drill small precisions. We do 10 normal precisions, then 5 on left leg, then 10 normal, then 5 on the right leg, then 10 normal again, equaling 50 precisions.

Now for one the most grueling exercises, we crawl from the last area approx 100m, then break to cross the road, and then another 50m to our next area, this really works all the body.

The next area is a rockery. However the first activity we do is this one, we place our feet on the car park and then our arms in push up position on the lower level so our body is diagonal, we then shimmy along the length of the car park side, the difficulty with this exercise is that the decline gets narrower as you go along so it pushed harder.

Once we do this we get up and walk along the narrow slabs back to where we started. After this we drill some casual rock precisions, then we do some speed runs using the rocks to stay of the ground as long as possible, this works mentally aswell as physically because you need to know which rock to go to next.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We then move quietly to the next area which consists of 4 pillars. We climb up one side and down the other and crawl in between pillars. We repeat this twice. Then we crawl down a diagonal wall and then reverse up.
After this me move to a line of wooden bollards.We then slowly hop between each bollard to the end and back, this is quite difficult if it is dark or wet.Now for the last activity. We raise our feet onto a memorial, and then assume the push up position, so we are again in a diagonal position, we shimmy round the memorial to the other side, then we dismount and sprint to the building opposite, touch the door and sprint back, we repeat this 3 times.

Then we cool down by lightly jogging round the car park, gentle stretches and rotations. Then we walk back to the Green Box. We stretch again, and do the ritual precision and then leave.

There is pictures of some of the exercises no http://www.kierantraining.blogspot.com
Old 23-01-2007, 09:33 PM

nice

good to see more hell night cropping up over the place. we're starting one once exams and coursework is out the way [probably end of feb]

it's 40 precisions by the way
Old 23-01-2007, 09:48 PM

I knew that.....*runs*