Notice: All returning users need to reset their passwords. To do so, click here.

Go Back   WorldwideJAM Forums > The Parkour Zone > Parkour Femme

Old 06-12-2005, 06:43 PM

Hey girls,

I just thought I'd start this thread as I'm interested in finding out how your boyfriends (or male friends) influence your parkour. Did you start pk because of your man? Does your man/do men in general do pk as you look on nervously from the sidelines? Or does your interest in pk have nothing to do with men?

For me, I started pk when my boyfriend, Euan, was away in Africa for a few months, as i needed to find something to do instead of moping at home waiting for him to come back! When he did return he was startled to find out what i was up to, but he supports me completely and sometimes comes along to a jam to take photos or just watch.

How about you?

E x
Old 07-12-2005, 03:06 PM

I got into it through filming the boys do it! i wanted to make a short music promo. I didnt know anyone who did it at the time, all i knew was that i loved watching it, then i gradually got into it myself. Its quite infectious, makes you want to move
Old 17-12-2005, 08:23 PM

my boyfriend got me into it. it's all his fault. haha. he just talked about it so much, i figured that if i don't find something out about it, i'm never going to know what the hell he's talking about. so i researched it, and in the process..fell in love with the idea of doing it. so now i'm practicing and prooving my boyfriend wrong that i won't quit.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:03 PM

The person that introduced me to parkour was male. I started it because I like how parkour uses the landscape differently, and i wanted to understand that, but also it looked quite fun and liberating.

I am unfortunately doing a lot of watching from the sidelines at the moment, but I've only been doing it for three weeks and I try to do some of the less daunting moves.

I think I learn a lot from the guys, though I would like some more girls to train with

(p.s. sorry about long e-mail Emily!)
Old 13-12-2006, 01:19 AM

Well my story is kinda weird.. my boyfriend started traing parkour... he once asked me if I wanted to train but at that time I was not quite interested and he did not insisted he just told me "whenever you want to try.. just tell me ok" I had lots of things to do and very few spare time.. some time later... maybe 1 year I decided to give parkour a try... so I finally started and I couldn't stop.. I changed my routine andf made Parkour an essential part of my life
Old 14-06-2007, 07:46 AM

I am very new (!) to parkour, (see my post in the main welcome thread) total noob really.

I thought it would be an interesting thing to try, but it was my best friends boyfriend who kinda introduced me to the concept..
He's quite into it, and martial-arts, and weaponry and stuff, and he was chatting about it.. I decided to do a little research, and I think the control really appeals to me..

Also I'm a little scared of falling and hurting myself, and I'd love to have the control to allieviate that fear.

Laura
Old 14-06-2007, 09:09 PM

my mates got me into this! and where i practise my martial arts, mots of the guys are traceurs and trickers, so overall its really good

lil G
Old 02-10-2007, 07:27 PM
emzybabeyx

[COLOR=purple]Well 2 of my male friends have been training for about a year or so and when i really started taking more of a interest in dance i saw what they did and i've always found it interestin, so i asked them i could join them and also if they could teach me some stuff so they did.

I really started a couple o months ago but unfortunatly got injusred so i couldnt do it but i've started up again and its better than ever
[/COLOR]
Old 04-10-2007, 02:18 PM

[B] lol not many boys do parkour in my area so i dont get muddled up with boyfriends and parkour but still if they dont think its right for you 2 do parkour there not worth it xx
Old 07-02-2008, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Boyfriends and parkour

oh dear. Sounds like you've been scorned in the past about parkour. Never mind, Lucy. You do what you gotta do

I met my bf through parkour About 2 years ago, I wanted to try something new and I found Parkour on the internet ^_^ I also found the forum of a local group and some of them agreed to come to the town where i live and help me learn the basics My bf was one of them

Well, we got together pretty much the same day we met (we're such hussies lol). My training has kind of been on and off since then, until January this year, when I started training for real And now I love it! Can't get enough of it! I love the feeling you get when you do a new move. And I love the look of my bf's face when he watches me train ^_^

So there really isn't any problem. If i need help, i ask him and he'll teach me. And he asks my opinion for filming or combinations

And i agree with Lucy. If a guy thinks you shouldn't do it because you're a girl. Then you should tell him to shove up his..... ^_^ lol