Notice: All returning users need to reset their passwords. To do so, click here.

Go Back   WorldwideJAM Forums > The Parkour Zone > Movement (NOW OPEN)

Old 29-04-2007, 02:50 PM

Ja tis all about using your body as one unit rather then sepperate bits

More muscles = mora POWA* and more POWA* = easier to to muscle ups

* Power <_<
Old 29-04-2007, 08:20 PM

hey
i started parkour in december 2006
i am pretty rubbish at it round about now
if i keep trying and never give up
would i become better
chris
Old 29-04-2007, 08:22 PM

o and cheers to you lot for the great advice
so try to use my arms and legs as one unit
il practice
chris
Old 01-07-2007, 09:41 AM

Location: Middlesbrough - Officially the worst city in the UK

Front flips...

I can't seem to tuck enough. I try to grab the bottom of my shins but it doesnt work, advice?
Understand that this art has been created by few soldiers in Vietnam to escape or reach: and this is the spirit I'd like parkour to keep. You have to make the difference between what is useful and what is not in emergency situations. Then you'll know what is parkour and what is not. So if you do acrobatics things on the street with no other goal than showing off, please don't say it's parkour. Acrobatics existed long time ago before parkour.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3...sionatepo5.jpg
Tims Blog
North East Parkour
Old 01-07-2007, 10:10 AM

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cord @ Apr 29 2007, 02:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> also try to get your arms and legs to work together at the same time. Like dont use arms first and your legs later. Use both at the same time and put a lot of power into it [/quote]
actually..... when watching teg's example of a climb up he says to pull using your arms first then use your feet... He says you should pull your chest away from the wall and then use your feet to bring yourself back into the wall. I know this only one persons technique but i got to say tegs climb ups are extremely good.

Video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=EfFgFkAs_Ns
Old 01-07-2007, 12:14 PM

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chris_mchughy @ Apr 29 2007, 08:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> hey
i started parkour in december 2006
i am pretty rubbish at it round about now
if i keep trying and never give up
would i become better
chris [/quote]
yeah man easily, just keep trying and you will get further than you ever thought possible, i remember seeing this precision that chase did and thinking i would never do it, 2 months later i looked at it and suddenly it seemed a hell of alot more do able and i did it.

just persevere and you will improve and push limits you never thought possible for yourself
Old 05-07-2007, 03:15 PM

For the split-foot technique on SDC, is it the bigger the split, the more distance I can get?

Or shall I just keep my "split" at a comfortable distance.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:24 PM

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xenon @ Jul 5 2007, 03:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> For the split-foot technique on SDC, is it the bigger the split, the more distance I can get?

Or shall I just keep my "split" at a comfortable distance. [/quote]
If you split too much you'll end up going off one foot and barely getting any power, if you dont split enough you lose momentum, just find a good balance that's comfortable for you.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Street Team

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xenon @ Jul 5 2007, 03:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> For the split-foot technique on SDC, is it the bigger the split, the more distance I can get?

Or shall I just keep my "split" at a comfortable distance. [/quote]
It's just a matter of practice, I spent one solid hour, first walking and taking off with one foot, then jogging, then running and finally sprinting. The split is the secret into transitioning the running power/speed and into effective transfer to the upper and rest of the body into the vault.

Brad
Old 08-07-2007, 04:01 PM

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (timlongs @ Jul 1 2007, 09:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Front flips...

I can't seem to tuck enough. I try to grab the bottom of my shins but it doesnt work, advice? [/quote]
you mean the bottom of your shins like where your ankles are nearly??

You gotta grab your knees, either the front of them or behind. Whatever feels most comfortable.

I think that if you find your tuck isnt working then you are probably spinning way too early, try delaying the spin for a tiny bit more i.e jump UP and get more height before you spin.

also just practise tuck jumps to get your tuck good