Notice: All returning users need to reset their passwords. To do so, click here.

Go Back   WorldwideJAM Forums > The Green Room > Worldwide JAM Workshops

Old 25-02-2007, 10:29 PM

ive been thinking for a while that people would benefit more from an outdoor workshop.

I think that doing parkour in a gym is pretty rubbish and also ive been hearing from a few people that recent wwj workshops are pretty crap. ''No flips'' this and ''efficiency'' that......

also, if it was outdoor, it would be free, that is, if the wwj team are willing to teach for free..... and thats what parkour is about isnt it?? Its not about over charging for a sub standard gymnasium is it?

everything in parkour can be learned outside. Everything......
Old 25-02-2007, 10:42 PM

bit slow mate coz there already was one and it was on this part of the forum and it was yesterday lol

http://z14.invisionfree.com/Mag/inde...showtopic=2744
Old 25-02-2007, 10:43 PM

Yes, look before you speak....
Old 26-02-2007, 01:37 AM

dont order me around little boy........

i dont look at threads for workshops in towns i have never even heard of......

great stuff anyway
Old 26-02-2007, 08:15 AM

yes, how did the outdoor workshop go?

was it a success?

did it run smoothly?
Old 26-02-2007, 10:21 AM

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cord @ Feb 26 2007, 01:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>dont order me around little boy........

great stuff anyway[/quote]
Thats the first time I've heard anyone refer to dizzy as little, but I guess having never met him your just being condescending for no reason.
Old 26-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Administrator

The reason we can't have flips and summies at WJ Workshops Cord is because of insurance reasons. The Europa Gym at Erith has gone out of its way to support WJ and Parkour in general and give people a well equipped place to train and hone their skills. The only reason why they excepted Parkour back to the centre was based on the proviso that we have structured classes that did not compromise student safety.
Old 26-02-2007, 01:54 PM

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cord @ Feb 26 2007, 03:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> dont order me around little boy........ [/quote]
Sorry, just got bored of your "on the contrary" posts.

Seeking controversy is as lame as beleiving everything your told.
Old 26-02-2007, 02:12 PM

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serious @ Feb 26 2007, 10:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cord @ Feb 26 2007, 01:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>dont order me around little boy........

great stuff anyway[/quote]
Thats the first time I've heard anyone refer to dizzy as little, but I guess having never met him your just being condescending for no reason. [/quote]
Cord is bigger then dizzy, not that it matters :P

Cord and dizzy try to be more corteious ( cant spell) on the forums, use your PMs if you must .
Old 26-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Street Team

Quote:
I think that doing parkour in a gym is pretty rubbish and also ive been hearing from a few people that recent wwj workshops are pretty crap. ''No flips'' this and ''efficiency'' that......

also, if it was outdoor, it would be free, that is, if the wwj team are willing to teach for free..... and thats what parkour is about isnt it?? Its not about over charging for a sub standard gymnasium is it?
I do indeed understand what you are saying cord, and as was said, there was a workshop on Saturday run by Brad and I.

I disagree that the workshops are "pretty rubbish", they are PARKOUR workshops, last I noticed, flips aren't Parkour and so we are practicing/teaching parkour correctly; safely, and accurately. If people want to go tricking, then go to grass or learn gymnastics, or go tricking. We teach Parkour and regardless people yesterday managed to squeeze in what they wanted to practice.

As Andrew pointed out, very validly, we are not qulified to teach flips and the facilities are not insured to allow for flips, and so we will not, for our own safety and for that of our current students.

As for those few you are refering to, many are still coming and many enjoy it, if people thik the workshops are bad, they don't have to come but I feel the majority enjoy them and take a great deal from them.

Take care Cord.

Brad