Notice: All returning users need to reset their passwords. To do so, click here.

Go Back   WorldwideJAM Forums > The Parkour Zone > Movement (NOW OPEN)

Old 16-04-2007, 10:50 AM

Im mostly right-dominant, which has lead to a few muscle imbalances. Mainly that my right side of body is stronger than left. I am working towards sorting this out though.

Recently, I tried "switchand/lazy vault" on my opposite side, and it didnt take long to feel comfortable with it. I have also tried splitfoot takeoffs for catpasses on my left foot, but it is a bit weird at the moment.

Jumping-wise, I prefer right foot takeoffs and landings, but I can do left side reasonably comfortably.
Old 16-04-2007, 09:05 PM

I am natural handed but my feet are share dominance, I kick with my right leg dominantly and push of dominantly with my left leg. I try to train myself to do both sides on most skills. I find speed left side speed vaults easy, I was for a long time able to do wall passes almost as well with left foot as my right but neglected to train that for a while and am now paying for it I can split foot sdc with either foot in front, I think ambidexterity is very important to train.

Kahlil Gibran

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8...inycopydu0.jpg
Old 17-04-2007, 05:54 PM

I have found that I can do Pistols better with my left leg *which is my weak leg* then with my right *my strong leg* As for leaping I find that I am more stable when I jump with the left, and more powerful but lest accurate with I use my right.
Old 18-04-2007, 02:24 PM

When people find things easier on their 'wrong' side it is usually because you find it easier to do a 'non-obvious' bit of the movement with your good side... Like pistols, you may find it easier to hold your right leg out in front... Or running jumps, apparently the better technique is to take of your bad side as you gain more from swinging your better leg forward, just like you would kick a ball. If you analyse a running jump, very little thrust comes from the take off leg (unles theres a step up to take off from). If you don't find taking off your bad side easier (like moi) it is more than likely because you have trained otherwise for so long.

When I first started using the 'split foot' technique I made sure I drilled vaults using my left (lesser) leg as well. I did this so much that I now naturally take off my left side. I can get pretty close to the same standard of my right but it doesn't feel nearly as easy. More drilling needed

Peace
Old 24-11-2007, 11:07 AM

Default Re: The Other Leg

my right foot is my strong foot but i have a bad knee so i have adapted and can now take of lots of things both feet especialy running precisions =) i cant kick a ball with it very well . and i cant cat pass very well but everything else its quite well apdated lol:P
Old 08-10-2008, 01:03 PM

im right footed, i use it for everything, but i find it more comfortable to jump from my left foot, i dno why :S
Old 09-10-2008, 09:05 AM

I jump off of my left as well, but I think my right is stronger I dunno why I think its like a subconscious thing that the stronger foot seeks the ground or whatever to help support ur body better.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:43 AM

I think it's because the power comes from the drive forward, so your leading, driving foot, would be your strongest.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloobirds
I think it's because the power comes from the drive forward, so your leading, driving foot, would be your strongest.
Correct.