Notice: All returning users need to reset their passwords. To do so, click here.

Go Back   WorldwideJAM Forums > The Parkour Zone > Movement (NOW OPEN)

Old 18-03-2008, 06:26 PM

Default round off to front flip

The other day at the gym i was trying a round off to front flip and was getting the right rotaion on the front but i just need more height anybody got any tips ?
Old 18-03-2008, 06:46 PM

Default Re: round off to front flip

Jump Jamie Jump! lol
When i saw you doing it you seemed to go to the right aswell on the front flip but dont worry about that yet...
When you squat down for the front flip just push really hard and tuck loads you should just manage to land on your feet.
Old 18-03-2008, 09:57 PM

perhaps your rotating to early?
Old 19-03-2008, 11:47 PM

honestly, i wouldnt bother with it. You're never gonna be able to get decent height as a roundoff just isnt designed to be used for such a combination. REEEEEALLY bad for your knees as well, higher risk of hyperextension also
Old 20-03-2008, 07:57 AM

couldnt really imagine round of to front.. i could imagine round of to 180 front though and ive seen it
Old 10-04-2008, 12:15 AM

Just checking, cos the names in gym are different....do you mean, after your round off, to turn 180 into a front somi / flip? If so, this is called an 'Arabian Front' (well in gym anyway).

If this IS what you are after, the only way I can decribe it, is to almost put your brakes on after your round-off. Because you have landed your round off the other way, yet you are travelling backwards, your body wants to carry on travelling that way. You need to practice jumping up high (well this is how I did it anyway) straight after your round off and see if you can continually land on the spot, instead of moving backwards. Then pracitce adding a high 180 jump straight after. Once you have mastered that you'll find it eaier to fit in a turn into front flip after your round off.
Hope that helps
Old 10-04-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keatonstreetstunts
Just checking, cos the names in gym are different....do you mean, after your round off, to turn 180 into a front somi / flip? If so, this is called an 'Arabian Front' (well in gym anyway).

If this IS what you are after, the only way I can decribe it, is to almost put your brakes on after your round-off. Because you have landed your round off the other way, yet you are travelling backwards, your body wants to carry on travelling that way. You need to practice jumping up high (well this is how I did it anyway) straight after your round off and see if you can continually land on the spot, instead of moving backwards. Then pracitce adding a high 180 jump straight after. Once you have mastered that you'll find it eaier to fit in a turn into front flip after your round off.
Hope that helps

No he means front flipping as soon as the round of is landed, so esentially he'll be traveling backwards or on the spot as he rotates forwards.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:11 PM

Aha,
not quite so straight forward then. possible, but not straightforward lol

I suggest slowing down on your round-off so that travelling motion is more static - and dont finish the move, in other words dont stand up fully after the round-off otherwise you will still be travelling backwards, as your body is rebounding, lean forwards and change the weight to forwards.

Im now gonna go check this....lol