Notice: All returning users need to reset their passwords. To do so, click here.

Go Back   WorldwideJAM Forums > The Green Room > Off Topic Chat

Old 02-09-2008, 09:25 PM

Default TVsicles!

lol sorry i keep thinking of these but there really good places for discussion i think
so this one is where you put your fav tv programs
i know one everyone will say is family guy :P Butscratahhhhh! haha
but basically put what you like

i loved Summer heights hight whilst it was on Jonah = Hilarious!
Old 03-09-2008, 04:39 AM

Default Re: TVsicles!

It's worth noting ahead of time that I tend to d/load the shows as they broadcast in the USA (like a fair few others here im sure), so there may or may not be spoilers. Depends on whether stuffs been broadcast here.

Anyway, in no particular order (minus Dexter):

Dexter tops my list at the moment. Not only does he kill bad guys, but he does it in an epicly cool calm and calculated manner. Really enjoy it.

Heros - Series 1 was great, 2 less so. I'm hoping 3 will rescue it somewhat.

Lost - I preferred it when we had lots of questions, and we didn't think the writers would forget about them (polar bear, black smoke, how Hurley is still fat...). I watch it out of habit rather than genuine intrest.

Stargate - I like guns and army stuff. Stargate has guns and army stuff. Plus is rather humerous, and not badly written.

Reaper - The adverts made me hate it, the guy who plays the Devil made me love it. A bit silly by the end of the series (when they started going into God vs Devil & demons + angles etc), but otherwise good.

Red Dwarf - Have to bring back a BBC classic. I love this show. It's just...great. Not much else to say.

Other notable mentions...

Mighty Boosh, I'm Alan Partridge, The Bill, Band of Brothers, South Park, Family Guy, The Office (UK version), Extras & Fawlty Towers.

I'm sure there are more, but it's 05:40. I'm off to bed.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:24 AM

major tv show addict here.
*ATM Shield has just returned for its 6th and last season, everybody should check that out.
*Wire, for those haven't watched that.
*Weeds as well
*Prison Break has just started up again, not decided if I will be following that one yet.
*Always did love the HBO classics, those mentioned + Carnivale, Sopranos etc.
*HOUSE
*For cheep laughs Scrubs, Root of all evil.. hmm SP Simpsons and Family guy naturally.

these are just things I'd recomend to anyone, I follow two times this amount of shows.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:18 AM

Ah yus - The Sopranos. I watched it intermitently (catching the odd episode), and then caught the first half of the last season. Really enjoyed it. Will have to watch the whole thing from start to finish when I get a free weekend.

Prison Break - I stopped watching that after they got out of prison. The whole Presidents brother who shot himself...or something equally absurd (because it was all plausible up to that point)? Gave up on it and didn't bother going back.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:33 AM

Prison Break was consistently good (the story line was never plausible though) up to the point when they killed off Sara in the cheapest was possible. It pissed me off so much I never finished season 3, but I might finish it now season 4 is starting.

And thank God someone else watches Dexter, the first season was so good. Second season was pretty good too.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:44 AM

Friends-even though i've seen every episode, it never gets old

HOUSE!!-Hugh Laurie is fucking excellent, it's funny and dark. He plays the sarcastic arsehole perfectly.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:50 PM

im pretty addicted to gilmoregirls.... :|

-OFFICIAL MEMBER OF TEAM AWESOME-
Old 03-09-2008, 01:30 PM

Watching virtually any other TV show should cure you of that by helping you realise how crap Gilmore Girls is.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:01 PM

yeah pikey, 'summer heights high' was funny as, 'the nominees' (by the same guy) is on now on FX - also great.

heroes is awesome

mock the week. heelarious

soccer am. used to be good with lovejoy, great with goldstein, but this new guy kinda sucks

also, (i've bigged this up already on here)
BRASSEYE
&
THE DAY TODAY
both from ages ago ('94), but it is THE funniest TV i've ever seen. chris morris is the man. (go youtube, by the 'vd or use certain free sources
Old 05-09-2008, 07:31 AM

'Allo 'Allo. Always loved that aswell. Partly to do with the accents mind. Especially the police officer.

And about House - just started going through the first series and im quite enjoying it. Some of his lines are brilliant. Was expecting him to be more Scrubs like, but im glad it's not. Slow start, but it settles down nicely by episode 2.