Notice: All returning users need to reset their passwords. To do so, click here.

Go Back   WorldwideJAM Forums > The Parkour Zone > GENē

Old 09-09-2006, 03:58 PM

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nextgenjoe @ Aug 23 2006, 11:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I watched jump london didnt really think much of it but started to train after jump britain then i met jason from sinclan who taught me alot of techniques and introduced me to real parkour ie not freerunning lol since then i train with mates and have a swell time!

oh yeah and check this beast out [/quote]
You need a forum! Nice site.

Texas Parkour
Old 04-10-2006, 03:32 PM

twas jump britain, i saw that and thought WOW people jumping, like used ot do when i was bored. then i saw soemeon do a flip and i was liek wow flips... i wanna flip. then i heard what kerbie said about ti being a mental release aswell as a physical, and thats what made me decide i wanted to do parkour. hopefully on the 5th of novemeber i will be able to personally thank him for changing my life. but then cos JB said nothing about trickign and parkour, i proceeded ot be aa complete noob for about 6 months and i could do frontflisp before i could do any vault but then i was 'educated' and i can finally say i do more parkour then tricking :-D woooop.

i train in leeds mostly, me and few other are trying to 'de-noobify' alot of leeds lot, and as another member of this forum ben marsh will tell you, its a slow and difficult prosess. i try to travel to new cities as much as i can, but usually its just good ol' leeds, as kaiser chiefs say "everything is better in leeds" damn right

www.myspace.com/ed_sampson

My feeling is that these kids longed for a raw and tangible connection with their world; Parkour offered them a new, and perhaps most importantly, spiritual and non competitive means to achieve it. Parkour is about self awareness and discipline. In a nation where 1 in 5 children are overweight, it has surely got to beat being a couch potato?
Old 10-10-2006, 07:47 PM

I recently found out about Parkour cuz i got bored and started googling random things, one of which had a link to a parkour/freerunning site. The moves looked cool, so i started myself. Problem is, i live in the small, semi-rural city of Brantford in southern Ontario(Canada), so i've never seen anyone else pk around town, and everyone i know is too stoned to comprehend anything more than parkour being "backflipping of a roof".
Old 02-11-2006, 08:09 AM

I started parkour about a year and a half ago. Only moved here (Canberra) since Easter. Before i had no internet and nobody to teach me so really it's only been since Easter

I everyday. Except at the moment i am doing a conditioning program so i can only train every three days

I found parkour by getting into bboying (breakdancing) from that i went to tricking and from that i went into freerunnign and then finally to parkour

Peace out
APA Member</span>
Old 05-11-2006, 06:26 PM

Ummmmm was about janaury last year i think...... one of the airings of jump britain just went.... and i strolled into school buzzing! people were talking about it and i randomly started jumping about..... went home to look at crazydaves msn name and it said something about parkour.... so i stared to train with him and my mate tezz.

At first JK aka SplinkJk hated Parkour.... he didnt see the point in it.... and now look at him.... pffft..

i just train pretty much anywhere i can.... dont limit myself... but recently i stopped doing pk and havnt been on the boards... doubt any1 noticed

but im back
Old 05-11-2006, 06:44 PM

i had noticed!

i was about to attempt to punch you!
Old 06-11-2006, 07:50 PM

your words hurt me

Hehehehe

Good to be back!

lovving the new lil kids section, if you know what i mean...
Old 17-11-2006, 08:01 PM

Well ive been doin it 4 8 yrs kinda im 14 me and my m8 have been jumping off high buildings and climbing for tht time if you can class tht a parkour
Old 17-11-2006, 08:31 PM

judging by that post i would say that you have been doing parkour for 0 years so far 0 months 0 weeks 0days

and if you've been doing that for 8 years that will be since you were 6. in which case...no offese but you are an idiot :mellow: your body is going to collapse very soon if you keep that up.
Old 17-11-2006, 08:59 PM

Quote:
jumping off high buildings
GET OUT!!!

Silly....

:P