Notice: All returning users need to reset their passwords. To do so, click here.

Go Back   WorldwideJAM Forums > The Parkour Zone > GENē

Old 17-11-2006, 11:26 PM

lol... no, BWAHAHAHAHAHA you idiot 8 years my ass. Why would you come to a forum and straight out start lying? Meh i'm out peace
APA Member</span>
Old 18-11-2006, 10:00 AM

I saw Jump Britain when it was aired, I went out and jumped around the day and then got bored of it really. A few months later in October 2005 I decided I wanted to start training again and I met Callum, Timmy, Blane, Eddie and the other Leicester guys. I've been training over a year now and I've became so much strong and fitter. I've acomplished quite a bit, mainly thanks to those 4 guys. I'm now part of the 'official' Leicestershire Parkour team too - we don't do shows, workshops or anything like that, we're just a team that meet regularly and train together.

I train at the Leicester Uni, QE, Avenue School, my local areas and lots of other places (which are all shown in most of the Leicester guy's videos). In Leicester our training isn't just limited to vaults and jumps etc, Blane having been to Lisses has given us all an insight into training methods and alot of our training is based on strength related. Every Thursday night from 7pm-10pm is "Hell Night" - non-stop physical strength, endurance, conditioning etc led by Blane (basically, him killing us :P) related to the training he was shown in Lisses - we're up to week 10 now. Obviously we train our technical side alot too!

(For more info on hell night visit http://www.blane-parkour.blogspot.com)
Old 31-01-2007, 08:05 AM

At school i was informed of dive rolls. I started practicing them, and after a bit of trial and error, i got them. I then started attempting front saults (all fails). My friend googled Dive Rolls or something, and it popped up "Free Running". We found that to be to much flipping, and then we heard of "Parkour". We researched it a bit more, and i found it was for me.

I started vaulting rails and such....

*Sorry for the bump*
Old 31-01-2007, 07:09 PM

I saw programs on telly and was always amazed by what i saw watching repeats when i could, then one day i was in the gym a school and friend come up to me and told us about parkour in this gym 5-6 of us went everyone slowly dropped out and i carried on training and training and training.............
Old 31-01-2007, 07:28 PM

my aunt recorded Jump Britain thinking i might like it as im always climbing things for fun, so wen i finally watched it, i thought "WOW", took a few weeks but then i went online to find out more, met people up london... the rest, they say, is history
Old 10-02-2007, 01:57 PM

I got started two years after watchin the movie called 'Yamakasi'. but I still train on fitness (too weak to do a single move!!!).lol. but I'm from Asia and I cant find anyone to train with yet... but if there is, you can find me in Singapore.

Fixed spellings into English rather then txt, please read the forum rules
Old 23-02-2007, 07:57 PM

i watched jump london but didnt really do any parkour but as soon as i saw jump britian i got out and did as often as i could.

i train margate and ramsgate weekdays and saturday but every sunday i go training somewhere else in kent or london.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:34 AM

I used to just hang around with two of my mates from school, and one night on Jack's birthday we went to go out for dinner. But thought we'd explore Orpington at night and one of my m8's Alex suggested trying that "pk stuff" and thats how it just stayed lol. Bad thing is though they both don't do Parkour anymore Alex quit a while ago and Jack recently stopped.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:20 PM

i started in october when i moved to london.

although, after seeing jump london me and my friends enjoyed vaulting this railing with a big drop on the other side and jumping off roofs for about a week, whenever we couldnt be bothered to skate.

and i had been able to do a backflip for about 8 months prior to moving to london. Along with other sh!t like gainer, frontflip and kick the moon.
Old 16-03-2007, 06:45 PM

I started out purely by chance, my friend and i were just climbing stuff and messing about and he said that there are people who do those kinds of things as a discipline and he told me it was called free running so i searched that and found urban freeflow as you do and then i heard that it was a rip off of parkour (not trying to start off anything) so then i searched parkour and found david belle's name mentioned quite a few times, i saw some of his videos and i just knew i had to start parkour because it was like nothing i had seen before.