Notice: All returning users need to reset their passwords. To do so, click here.

Go Back   WorldwideJAM Forums > The Parkour Zone > GEN²

Old 04-06-2008, 07:32 PM

Default Re: How did you get started

erm... cool
Old 04-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Administrator

I started but vaulting a rail and someone shouted out 'PARKOUR', so i googled it, and now look where i am

www.miffymedia.net.tc

http://www.youtube.com/MiffyProductions
Old 14-06-2008, 05:27 PM

my mate had been doing it for about 6 months and he got me into it, i have also watched a few vids like jump britain and a few UF videos
Old 14-06-2008, 08:00 PM

My mates got me into it :P but i think like most people they got the idea from jump britain and im a ctually glad because ive loved it ever since
Old 15-06-2008, 08:23 PM

i started about a month ago coz my friend got me into it and i have progressed really well now that i am training with quite a lot of guys that are good at parkour. I train in Hull
Old 16-08-2008, 05:32 PM

I've done parkour since before I heard of it. For as long as I can remember I've trained in different methods of moving as efficiently as possible with the capabilities of the human body.

You can imagine how happy I was when I found out it had been named and founded as an art, and that I wasn't alone it what I did.
.........../´¯/'´ ¯/´¯ /.../ /
........./'.../... ./... /.../ //
........('(...´(... ....... ,../'. .')
.........\.......... ..... ..\/..../
..........''...\.... ..... . _.•´
............\....... ..... ..(
..............\..... ..... ...\
Old 25-08-2008, 04:23 PM
omegastick

at he age of 10 me and my friend used to have competitions tosee who could run up walls the highest and who could run along walls the farthest (with wallruns being my best skill). we searched for othr people that liked running up walls and we found parkour. my friend quit shortly after but I have kpt going since then.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:07 PM

I started back when Jump Britain was aired on the BBC.
I was like 'whoa that's siiiick!' I remember that one day I went out and tryed it with my brother. We we're just jumping off and over things like idiots. I remember my brother tripped over a bin and smacked his face on a wall and he didn't come out and do it again.

I started a little team called St Urban Freerunning with a few friends. We weren't great but we were determined. Haha.

After a while all my friends quit to skateboard and I had to follow cus that's what was 'cool' then.
I never really wanted to quite but hey.

A year or so later I restarted in St Albans and now, two years later am still flying (y)

However we all do parkour throughout our lives, since we we're little children. It's a natural thing to do.
Old 29-06-2009, 11:18 PM

Well i had just moved and parkour is something that has always been amzing to me and i thought id look up if they teached parkour anywhere in Oregon and to my suprise there was something called revolution parkour where they held classes tuesdays and saturdays. It was in my city too! I absolutely love parkour im not vary good yet but it still is the best.

"With the body as paint, and the city as canvass, what will you create?"
Old 06-07-2009, 08:24 PM

ok so unlike most people i got my inspiration from district 13 around 4 years ago. the only problem was that i was 11 and was realy short making parkour realy difficult for me. im now 14 and have just started again after a year and a half of constant arm and leg injurys that prevented me from doing parkour. i dont know of any workshops or gyms for begginers in surrey- merstham redhill reigate area so i train on the streets with a few friends sometimes.
at the moment im not very good and cant break roll on anything that isnt soft as i have a skinny build and a bony back and evry roll i do i end up brising my back but that dont bother me much.

random i know but who cares