Notice: All returning users need to reset their passwords. To do so, click here.

Go Back   WorldwideJAM Forums > The Parkour Zone > GENē

Old 17-08-2006, 01:13 AM

It sounds to me that this new section brands 15 year olds and under as being not so experienced, and not so good. I dont think thats fair as there are some very talented young traceurs and freerunners that are in the leagues with some of the big names
Old 17-08-2006, 07:23 AM
Street Team

Certainly not intended that way mate. This place is simply for the younger guys and girls to get away from the heated political crap and debates that go on elsewhere.

The fact is that a lot of under 15s haven't been training for long, so you are gonna get plenty of beginners in this category. That doesn't mean to say that they all are; hell, there's plenty of young teenagers that can put me to shame.

We just thought this might be a useful thing for our ever growing community.

Enjoy
Old 17-08-2006, 09:49 AM

Why not have a section for Beginners instead of segregating the young 'uns?

I know its not intended to but it will do.

People of any age taking up parkour/free running will be a bit daunted by the main forums and will be ripe for flaming from more unscrupulous individuals.

Set up a beginners sub-forum, any existing members flaming or NOT helping in that section should be penalised, this will allow new guys to integrate gradually WITHOUT them being cut off from the rest of the community

Power Is Nothing Without Control
Old 17-08-2006, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Good idea Rip, thanks for your input, no problems tweaking things to find a better solution.
Old 17-08-2006, 10:45 AM

I think that this section of the forum is a great idea. i used to never use this forum because i never got listened to by the older people and then NEXGEN came along and i got an account and had a really good time.

So dont worry about it, there are loads of other kids/begginers in here.
Old 17-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Street Team

Plus, under 15's etc, and newcomers, need to understand the principles of training and human anotomy, I presume a main reason for this area was to prevent injury/death. under anyone under around 21 is still developing their bodies, unders 15s a re particularly vunerable to all sorts of disfunction with "big drops" and parkour movements. Anything done and created on behalf of WWJ is meant for good and to help you guys.

try not to jump to conclusions about us "offending" anyone, we are not and this section was not intended for that.

brad
Old 17-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Thanks for your feedback TJ, as much as we try we can never really know what works and what doesn't until we give it a go.
Old 17-08-2006, 02:26 PM

+1 @ rip.

Although we all know about Little Chavs jumping around, swearing and wearing a glyph.
Old 17-08-2006, 02:50 PM

to be honest, i like the idea, but i would rather stay on the main forums, the flaming ive had, for nothing and becuase ive been a dick, has only been for the better. i think people have to live through it and tehy will get stronger.

like life, if you are kept away from anything scary or real when eventionaly in happens, its harder to fit in, its harder to stay there because youve been in the nice warm happy place with no arguments for so long.
Old 17-08-2006, 04:26 PM

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (plookoon @ Aug 17 2006, 02:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> +1 @ rip.

Although we all know about Little Chavs jumping around, swearing and wearing a glyph. [/quote]
Dude their full grown adults and they have a name :lol: