Notice: All returning users need to reset their passwords. To do so, click here.

Go Back   WorldwideJAM Forums > The Parkour Zone > GENē

Old 15-12-2006, 08:32 PM

I managed to set up a parkour group in my school, we rent out the gym every friday morning and have a two places to train outside.

My P.E teacher appears to be really into this and wants me to make posters and stuff to put around the school to raise awareness of parkour. I was just wondering has anybody else tried doing this yet?
Old 15-12-2006, 08:51 PM

At my school they won't let me run a club. No one is "qualified" to teach parkour (correct me if im wrong).

They won't allow any sport to be done in a club without qualified peoples soooo no.

Good lufk to you though, my P.E department hate me because a load of idiots went on my school rooves and they accused me of it.
Old 15-12-2006, 08:51 PM

yes. sadly i was a noobalishous hunny back then and when he said
'i think it will be to dangerous, jumping off blocks and stuff'
i didnt have anything to say. i will try again probably
Old 15-12-2006, 09:00 PM

my games teacher has justa greed to me starting to do classes at lunch tomes cos some kids have started copying round school and we're both abit worried about there safty so ill be doing classes in the school gyms sounds fun :-)

www.myspace.com/ed_sampson

My feeling is that these kids longed for a raw and tangible connection with their world; Parkour offered them a new, and perhaps most importantly, spiritual and non competitive means to achieve it. Parkour is about self awareness and discipline. In a nation where 1 in 5 children are overweight, it has surely got to beat being a couch potato?
Old 15-12-2006, 09:17 PM

Good stuffs guys, teaching the young 'uns is pretty awesome. Ed I know you're a brilliant teacher, so the best of luck to you in that. And anyone else who'd doing it as well. A couple of years back we had the school gym once a week to practice in, but we weren't really at any level to teach, and the PE staff are a bit unsure about letting us do it again... Keep us updated about how it goes!

xHollie

My Training

"Be happy without reason..."
Old 16-12-2006, 10:10 AM

The APA will start teaching classes in juevenille centres, schools, gyms and on the streem soon. Since i'm 15 i can only be an assisitant teacher
APA Member</span>
Old 16-12-2006, 12:39 PM

Nope, not tried doing it..... people at my school suck.

i live in Boston..... Boston = fattest town..... what do you expect

haha
Old 16-12-2006, 05:21 PM

we havent done that yet mainly because we hadnt thought of that before i'll ask on mondaY
Old 16-12-2006, 06:05 PM

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lost_Monkey @ Dec 15 2006, 08:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> At my school they won't let me run a club. No one is "qualified" to teach parkour (correct me if im wrong).

[/quote]
The only teacher we have is the one who is pretty good at gymnastics and stuff and really likes the idea of getting parkour in the school.

The only time we have the gym is friday mornings at 7:30 (urgh) but im trying to get more gym sessions in anyway.
Old 17-12-2006, 03:00 PM

I'm currentley teaching 5 kids from my school. We practice every lunch time yey! They are in like year 9 and 10 whereas I'm in year 11 so i look like abit of a gay hanging round with them but its cool.